Whose Idea Was That Anyway? GPW Ideas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc

5 posters

Go down

Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc Empty Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc

Post  MasterHeng Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:34 pm

I was talking about a game called survival project which I was reminded of when we were brainstorming ideas and the solid ideas announced made me have some nostalgia about an old game I used to play (The game doesn't exist anymore except in Korea) here's some images. Just curious if the game style might look like this but not so flat and more 3D and more variety in the environment. but for movement and direction is what im trying to present here with these images and scale between player and monster. Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc Sp429_3
Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc Wo
Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc Sp430_1

Last edited by on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
MasterHeng
MasterHeng

Back to top Go down

Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc Empty Re: Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc

Post  AGreen Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:16 pm

Yeah this is very similar to what I was thinking for the isometric view. A little less top down and more 3D, like you said.

Looks like a fun game there must be a version we could find and play.
AGreen
AGreen

Back to top Go down

Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc Empty Re: Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc

Post  PaulABoulet Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:40 pm

i definately like the way that looks and wheny ou guys said the isometric view thats almost exactly what i imagined. i agree with aidan, less top and more 3d afro
PaulABoulet
PaulABoulet

Back to top Go down

Referencing to what I was talking abt a week ago during disc Empty Art Direction

Post  Murderoscopy Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:54 pm

Concerning the look of characters and such, is this closer to what people would want, or something less cartoony and more genuinely scary? Something more serious?
Murderoscopy
Murderoscopy

Back to top Go down

Post  AGreen Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:14 am

as far as I'm thinkin' the art will be the same level of cartoony, but a different style, less simple, a little more detail.
AGreen
AGreen

Back to top Go down

Post  MasterHeng Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:17 am

i guess the characters could look cartoony hwo abt important monsters and objectives should they be more highres'd like the dragons in that game as opposed to the simple flat haired character
MasterHeng
MasterHeng

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulABoulet Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:18 am

yeah i'd like to see a cartoony style but the higher level of detail would allow for everyone to go balls to the walls with detail affraid and have some sweet shit to show off for portfiolio stuff...maybe not balls to the walls..but you know what i mean.
PaulABoulet
PaulABoulet

Back to top Go down

Post  AGreen Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:25 am

Yeah your both right, the more important stuff will be higher detail, and that will allow the artists to make some good looking stuff to show off what they can do, and thats very important, we all need to have our time to shine.
AGreen
AGreen

Back to top Go down

Post  Reiver Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:30 am

this idea mixed with 3d and less isometric is essential LOTR action adventure... with out the art of course

http://cube.ign.com/objects/546/546184.html here is the link to it

Edit: the screen shots dont give it justice, most of the game play is played in third person with a high camera.

Reiver

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spirestone&n=Reiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum