Whose Idea Was That Anyway? GPW Ideas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building the Art Bible

2 posters

Go down

Building the Art Bible Empty Building the Art Bible

Post  Murderoscopy Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Alright guys, over the next little while I'll be putting together the art bible, so for a short while I'm going to taking requests as to what you think should be in it or what you would like to be in it. Remember, the purpose of this is to give you guys a document that you can referrence anytime to check and see if you're following the overall style of the game, or even just to find some inspiration as to what you can do to make something a little bit better. Below I've outlined how I'd like to organize the Art Bible, so if I've missed anything or you think there are images I should use, just post about it, or message me or what have you. I'm going to be using images largely from what we've collected on the forums as well as stills from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and some choice pieces of work produced so far by all you guys on the art team.

Part 1: Third Party Referrence & Inspiration
-Photos of Graveyards
-Art/Screenshots from other Games (Monster Madness, Death Junior)
-Art/Screenshots from Movies and Shows (Nightmare Before Christmas, Invader Zim)

Part 2: Concept Work
-Breakdown of lines, shapes, contours and silhouettes
-Sketches and Concept Designs for the Environment
-Sketches and Concept Designs for Characters
-Breakdown on Colour

Part 3: Art Assets
-Pipeline and Naming Convention
-Polycount and Modelling
-Successful Examples (Shawn's Gate, Paul's Mausoleum, etc.)

That's pretty much all I have in mind. Each Part will probably be only two to five pages apiece, so don't get offended if your stuff isn't there. Also, I'd like it to be as concise as possible, so there will be very little text and mostly just self explanatory images. That's the plan anyway. So this should be ready and available by the start of next class. Also, would you all you guys prefer it all comprised of a single document, or would you prefer it broken down into file folders for each part? You'll all be using it more than I probably will, so it's important that your ability to access it's info is intuitive for you. That's it for now, see you all later.
Murderoscopy
Murderoscopy

Back to top Go down

Building the Art Bible Empty Re: Building the Art Bible

Post  Shawniferous Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:07 am

I own every single episode of Invader Zim if you need screenshots I would be more than happy to snap a few.
Shawniferous
Shawniferous

Back to top Go down

Post  Murderoscopy Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:56 pm

Hmm, that's a lot of source material, and I'm not quite sure what would apply and what wouldn't...the halloween episode would probably have some good stuff in it though. If you can think of any other imagery that might apply then feel free to collect a few screen shots, but don't spnd too much time looking for references if you don't think they're needed.
Murderoscopy
Murderoscopy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum