Whose Idea Was That Anyway? GPW Ideas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scoring system

2 posters

Go down

Scoring system Empty Scoring system

Post  adamM Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:13 pm

This isn't confirmed, I just made it up... what does everyone think?

+1 - Stun
+5 - Knock Down/Special hit (burn, freeze, etc.)
x2 - Each hit on multiple enemies within a short period of time (1-2 seconds)

Enemies/Opponents will be stunned when hit with most objects. Once they are stunned they must be hit again before they fully recover to be knocked down. A hit with a special attack counts as an instant "knock down" despite the enemy not necessarily falling down.

This would be instead of a kill count. To keep the game fast paced you don't respawn, you just get up from where you are and have a few seconds of invincibility.

Once again, none of this is final and I'm just making it up right now so I want feedback.
adamM
adamM

Back to top Go down

Scoring system Empty Re: Scoring system

Post  MasterHeng Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:16 pm

Sounds like a life bar you would have in a game and I guess a feedback stamina bar can show how long before you recover rather then letting the person sit there and wait wondering when it might end but if its really short I guess that can be skipped, its more like an extra indicator I guess if we have time. I think knockdown should be worth more then special hits, 'cause those can be all types of effects which may stack on to the hit like, as you mentioned for an example freeze itself, would that knock the person down then lock them in place? or can't move while the short invincibility is on and get hit again kind of thing? How would fire work, if we get back up on the same spot without death involved, would it just 'cause more points for all players dealing damage to that person heh Smile these are just ideas towards your proposal for a scoring, I'm thinking of +1 for a stun namely a hit, and then +3 for a special hit and +5 for a knockdown. Knock down would be a normal hit that knocks them down, and special hits give +3 but knockdown for sure but not an extra +5 on top of the +3.
MasterHeng
MasterHeng

Back to top Go down

Post  adamM Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:07 am

The one thing in there that we've pretty much agreed on is a stun/kill (or knock down) system instead of a life bar. Your character visibly loses a little balance when they get hit and there's a good chance that if they get hit again before recovering they'll go down. That could change too though.

I agree that the scoring system I did up here is really simple, different attacks and different types of chains could do different things. We shouldn't make it too complicated, but attacks with "special" objects (freeze/flame, etc.) should net more points than just hitting with an ordinary object.

I was thinking about this and it could work well for the co-op mode if we end up including enemy "ghouls" as well as the other players. Players wouldn't want to take each other most of the time (and for that reason they probably shouldn't get points for hitting each other) but they could use each other to chain attacks and earn score multipliers. For example, you could take out three ghouls and earn 1 + 5 + 5 + 5 x 4 then hit another player and double that for a total of 128 points. I was also thinking that each chain shot should be an insta-kill, so you aren't bouncing your projectiles off of enemies twice every time.
adamM
adamM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum