Whose Idea Was That Anyway? GPW Ideas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introspect

2 posters

Go down

Introspect Empty Introspect

Post  adamM Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:28 am

Ok, so my idea with the crazy dream world thing has sort of been done. Not exactly how I imagined it, but still...

Oh, right, the point of this thread: we should play Introspect. I am going to download it, here is the website:

http://www.digitalcandygames.com/
adamM
adamM

Back to top Go down

Introspect Empty Re: Introspect

Post  AGreen Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:44 am

I think these guys really had the right idea. They took what Unreal does best, threw in a cool innovative-ish gameplay mechanic and made something really successful with it.

We need to come up with some ideas in the same light, what does Unreal do best? what can it not do worth shit? how can we utilize what it does well to create a cool experience?
AGreen
AGreen

Back to top Go down

Post  adamM Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:07 am

I agree, I would love to just make a game that is Unreal at it's core but with all new art assets, some new gameplay mechanics, and obviously new level designs. Trying to create something that has nothing to do with Unreal would probably be too much of a headache to be worth it in the end. Introspect seems to be pretty much the best GPW yet and it's completely in first person with a painting mechanic added.

An idea just hit me. I'm not saying it's brilliant, but it's an idea. You know that grappling hook thing they got working in Junk Racers? What if we made a first person game that involves using a similar grappling mechanic for platforming? I'm not picturing swinging across chasms here, more like using well placed grapples to reach new areas. The grappling beam/hook/whatever would work kind of like a bungee chord. An example that immediately hit me was swinging, then letting go, letting yourself fall for a bit, then shooting the grapple point again to use your downward momentum to shoot you upwards. I'm not sure how well Unreal could do this, but Junk Racers proves that sort of mechanic can be done.
adamM
adamM

Back to top Go down

Post  AGreen Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:25 am

Damn, I downloaded the installer, but it won't install, says it's corrupted or something Sad
Oh, well I'll take another look at it again later.
AGreen
AGreen

Back to top Go down

Post  adamM Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:08 am

It's kind of cool but it's buggy as hell. The painting idea is cool, but most of the time the painting doesn't even do what it's supposed to.
adamM
adamM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum